Monday, June 13, 2011

Reflection and Purpose

Sometimes we can get so caught up in our day-to-day tasks that we tend to forget how those tasks are related. What is our larger purpose? It is through the act of reflection that we can reconnect to that purpose. The moment of reflection then feeds our day-to-day tasks so that we stay moving toward our goals, our purpose.

The video below of a speech by Daniel Pink, from his book Drive, talks about what motivates us. Purpose is key. I think there are some great educational implications to be found in this video. Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I think one of the main implications in this for me is how parents and teachers reward and pressure kids to do well. And like Pink says in the video - unless it is a rudimentary task, that pressure or motivation is not going to help kids. I also see this from a teacher perspective where I do think our salaries impact teachers - he even said it -pay us enough to where we dont think about it and I believe you will get better performance from teachers at work.
    Loved the animation- very cool....

    ReplyDelete